Southern Keto Chicken & Dressing – Lowcarb Thanksgiving Stuffing
This is one of the most popular original recipes on my low carb YouTube channel, and perhaps the low carb recipe remake I’m most proud of. Cornbread Dressing (some folks also call it Chicken & Dressing) is a staple of Southern holiday tables. It’s not cooked inside a turkey, its baked in a casserole dish and served alongside all the traditional holiday favorites. (And I don’t just mean Thanksgiving. In my family, cornbread dressing is served at any large gathering: Easter, Christmas, Birthdays, Funerals, Reunions – you name it. It’s always a welcome addition!)
I took my family’s traditional cornbread chicken and dressing recipe that’s made with real cornmeal and wheat flour, and made smart substitutions with low carb and keto-friendly substitutes. I think this is about as close as it gets to “real” dressing.
Don’t let the long recipe scare you! Yes, there are a few steps, but it’s no different than making traditional cornbread dressing.
The steps are simple:
- Boil a chicken (to get shredded chicken and chicken broth).
- Bake some low carb “cornbread.”
- Sauté the aromatics (onions, celery, etc.).
- Assemble the dressing in a casserole dish and bake.
- Wallow in the deliciousness!
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories498
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 39.8g 60%
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3g 4%
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 16%
- Protein 25.3g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.